Spring is upon us as the ski season comes to a close. And just like the sunny spring weather we have been experiencing, the real estate market is also heating up. Here are some highlights from the first quarter of 2017 for Aspen and Snowmass:
- This marks the highest first quarter since 2011 in terms of sales volume, aside from 2015.
- Sales activity exploded as dollar sales reached nearly $210 million and 75 properties hit the closing table.
- During March, 89 properties went under contract. That’s double the amount in March 2016 and a strong indicator of demand.
- In the last week alone, 10 homes went under contract.
- The luxury market is strengthening.
- Of the 88 properties currently pending, over 25% are priced over $7 million